Well, guess what?
Sickness has struck my house again. Not me this time. My mom and dad both came down with flaming colds.
So last night my mom made a delicious soup with ground beef, carrots, and brown rice noodles. She wanted some sort of bread thing to go with it. Usually she makes cinnamon muffins, but we we were all out of mix so I made . . . Bread sticks.
These are just about the easiest recipe for bread sticks ever. To change the flavor and cuisine of the bread sticks by adding little thing s like:
Italian: Italian seasoning in the dough, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
Mediterranean: add some chopped sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese
Asian-ish: Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
We had sick people so I kept it kind of simple.
Gluten-free, Soy-free, Corn-free French Bread Bread sticks
2 C White Rice Flour
1 C Millet Flour
1 C Tapioca Starch
4 tsp Sugar
4 tsp Yeast
4 tsp Xanthan gum
1 tsp Salt
4 Eggs (or 2 Tbsp Flax meal with 1/3 cup of hot water. Let sit for five minutes)
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 C Warm Milk
1. Combine all the dry ingredients.
2. Add in all wet ingredients. Stir/knead until a ball of dough forms.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the dough into 14 pieces.
4. Roll out each piece on a well floured surface. Roll into a bread stick shape. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Repeat with rest of dough.
5. Brush sticks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake for 12-16 minutes
These are best the first day they are baked, as are most gluten free goods. Enjoy!
Now for Favorite Finds Friday.
This week I love . . . . Ziploc Freezer Bags!