1. Don't forget the classic sandwich! Sandwiches are easily made and transportable. The biggest thing for allergy sufferers is the bread. My favorite recipe is this one over The Whole Life Nutrition. I love this bread!!! I eat it basically everyday, and it is the only bread in my families house. It is soft and holds together great. Here are some sandwich option to think about:
- Chicken Salad.
- Deli sandwich with your favorite AF deli meats.
- Nut Butters
- Don't forget the veggies!
I think I am going to spread these packed lunch ideas out over a couple of posts. I will however throw you all a bone!
How about some cookies? Tiny, animal shaped cookies, with chocolate chips. That's what I thought.
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Animal Cookies
3/4 C. or 3.5 oz or 100g Quinoa Flour
1 C. or 5 oz or 145g Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 C. or 225 Spectrum Shortening
1 C. or 140g Light Brown Sugar
1/2 C. or 70g Chocolate Chips
1. Combine the flours, xanthan, and salt. I whisk these together.
2. Whip till creamy and light the shortening and sugar.
3. Add the egg to the shortening mixture.
4. Combine the flour mix to the shortening mix. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F.
7. Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
8. Roll out the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cut cookies into shapes. I chose little animal shapes.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on size, until golden brown.