Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sweet Berry Smoothie, Gluten free, soy free, corn free

I am exhausted.

Seriously, butt kicking, sleep on the couch, black circle under your eyes tired.

Why am I so tired you might ask? Well I will tell you.

Last Friday we decided to go clothes shopping. All of the summer sales where going on, so we couldn't resist. Many people underestimate the work that goes into shopping. The walking, searching, standing, sifting, sorting, trying on, climbing stairs, driving here, driving there. 8 hours and two shopping malls later, it's 11 o'clock and I am exhausted! On the upside, I did get a pair of shoes, a skirt, and some workout and regular shorts.

Saturday, I needed to go regular shopping. You know, toilet paper, shampoo, lunch meat, the basics. Then I hit the yarn store, the beauty store, and Trader Joe's. Late, tired, looking forward to the next day.

Sunday, I had a bit of a rest. Just stuff around the house. BBQ'd some steaks.

Monday. I spent half the day cooking while my family worked in the yard. They had to dig up a planter that had been taken over by some sort of ground cover. Things however took a turn for the worst in the afternoon. My dad had sprained his sciatica the day before, so it was up to my sister to dig up the plant alone. After having lunch and seeing her progress, I decided to go out and help her. This plant was like a mutant plant from the past! The root system had grown and piled on top of each other until it was a foot thick! We both could stand on it and not even budge it. We didn't finish digging it out until 9 o'clock.

Tuesday. We went to Disneyland! It was sooo much fun, but we didn't get home until 11:30 pm.



Know you see why I was so tired. Thankfully I think I know something that might help.

Chock full of protein, calcium, vitamins, and phyto nutrients. Strawberries help prevent your body from storing cholesterol and blueberries are full of antioxidants.

Sweet Berry Smoothie

Serves 3

1 C. Blueberries
1 C. Strawberries, cut into 1/4's
1 C. Nonfat Greek Yogurt, I use Fage
2 C. Ice
1 scoop Sun Warrior Protein powder
1/2 C. Rice milk or Coconut milk
Splenda or Stevia to taste

Add everything except ice to a blender. Blend till smooth.
Add ice. Blend again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Keep the Integrity of the Bean, 2009-present. Unauthorized use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that credit is given to "Keep the Integrity of the Bean" with appropriate direction to the original content.