Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010


I can't believe I've been gone this long. I have a confession to make. I am a sick person.
That's it.

You see I contracted a virus when I was 14 that has weakened my immune system permanently. Now I catch pretty much every single virus and infection that comes around. I try to limit my public "exposure" to sicknesses, but . . . Well you know. Crap happens. I can't control where my entire family goes and I can't control what they carry back to me.

So hopefully that explains my absence. I was sick with a bad virus for about two weeks, then felt a little better for about a week, now I have a flaming sinus infection.

So to help with my sick/blogging capabilities I (along with my parents help!) have saved up and bought myself an IPAD!







This is not a christmas present. Nor is it a Hanukah gift. It is simply a "Holy Crap! I have enough, and free overnight shipping! Ahhhhhh!"

Now I can blog from the comfort of the couch, or bed, or anywhere else for that matter. I love it.

As far as baking goes . . . Well let's just say that freezer I stocked has been saving my keister. Usually I can bake while I'm sick, but this one has just knocked me out completely. Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll be able to make a couple more batches of Teff and Brown Rice Oreos. Oh yeah. I haven't told you about those yet. Well maybe that's something else you can look forward to this week. :)

In the meantime, I've been living on deli meat, Sunflower Seed Butter, and these gluten and corn free Asian noodles.





I found these at my local health food store. They come in flavors like Garlic & Onion, Thai Ginger, and Vegetable. But my favorite is the Bangkok Curry. It makes my nose run, which is always good when your sick. Plus it only has 170 calories. I usually add some chicken and broccoli florets to round out the meal. Sooo good!




Ready in 3 minutes. Steam cooked not fried.




I also found these delicious snacks. They are:
gluten-free
cholesterol-free
dairy-free
vegan
Wheat-free
Preservative-free
Soy-free




And only 156 calories for 6 pieces.

Ingredients: almonds, Rice Malt, Evaporated Cane Juice, Sea Salt

Simple and good.



They come in flavors like Almond Crunch, Pom-raspberry Crunch, Cran-blueberry Crunch, Black Sesame Crunch, and many more.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry to hear you are sick!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! Careful with those Mrs. May's snacks...they can be addicting!

I remember they had them at Costco a couple months ago and I ate the whole bag in one sitting!!! So bad if you're constantly on a diet like me. :(

Alycia [Fit n Fresh] said...

I love Mrs. Mays! I had the pom ones and boyyy were they good! Glad you're feeling better :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for all your well wishes! Fortunately I am now 100% better. Thank goodness. I bought the Mrs. mays at Smart and Final, so I was able to to get the variety pack of individual servings. That curttails the problem of gorging my self on nut snacks. Lol.

Keep the Integrity of the Bean, 2009-present. Unauthorized use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that credit is given to "Keep the Integrity of the Bean" with appropriate direction to the original content.