|God, I love Iced Tea|
|My snack. I ate while I read my Google Reader. :)|
I followed all my rules.
And . . . drum roll please . . . I lost 5.5 lbs.
Since you can't see me, I'll just tell you. I'm doing a happy dance.
It's a total reversal of how I used to eat, so it's a big adjustment.
But for now . . . I'm kinda diggin it. :)
Gluten-free, Soy-free, Corn-free
Bohemian Wedding Cake
Makes 1 9-inch round or square cake
Adapted from Jenna at Eat, Live, Run's recipe
1 C. Buckwheat Flour (Certified Gluten-free)
1 C. Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tps Nutmeg
1 tsp Ground Cloves
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1 15-ounce can Pumpkin
1 C. Canola Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 C. Blackstrap Molasses
1/2 C. chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the flours, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. In another bowl combine brown sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla, and molasses.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
5. At this point you can add the walnuts. I wanted this to be a nut free recipe so I didn't.
6. Pour into a parchment lined baking pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely and lift out with parchment. At this point you can frost this with a cream cheese or buttercream frosting. I personally like it either plain or with a cream cheese frosting.