One of the more difficult situations is figuring out what to eat for dinner. My mom is an amazing cook! I love her food! I love her food too much, if you know what I mean! That's my problem. So the other night she decides to go all out and make this huge meal and a huge dessert. I begged her, "Please! Please! Don't make the dessert!" Thankfully, she didn't. She decides to make the meal healthy especially for me. As Napolean Dynamite would say, "Yes!"
This is what she made: Macaroni Grill Parmesan crusted Chicken, Fettucini, Carrots, and Garlic Bread. Oh yeah. It was scrumptious.
And here is the Holy Grail of chicken recipes just for vou!
4 chicken breast, thawed
2 c. Gluten free bread crumbs or 4 slices GF bread processed into crumbs
1/2 c. finely shredded parmigiano reggiano
salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in a large baggie, then pound out to about 3/4 inch thickness. A medium sized frying pan works the best for this. Just whack it and whack it till its thin.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl big enough for the chicken to fit in one at a time. In another similiar sized bowl mix the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dry the chicken with some paper towels.
- Dip each breast in the egg then in the crumbs. You are probably going to have to press the crumbs onto the chicken.
- Place chicken on a rack on a cookie sheet. The rack is very important because it allows the chicken to get crunchy on both sides.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.