Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

Gluten-free, Corn-free, Soy-free Breaded Chicken Cutlets and "Ranch" dressing

I know I'm late to this party. I'm sure everybody already knows about the awesomeness of it. I'm sure you all have tasted and love it, but I haven't.

I'm talking about Almond Milk.


Oh, this stuff is like the sweet nectar of life. I am addicted to it. It is sooooo good. My favorite is Silks' Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, but Diamonds' Vanilla Almond Milk is just as amazing!

I created a Smoothie to commemorate this delicious beverage. Drum roll please!


The Chocolate Covered Banana
Ingredients:
1 medium Banana
1 C. Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
1 Scoop Sun Warrior Protein Powder
1 C. Ice

1. Blend the Banana, Almond Milk, and protein powder.
2. Add ice and blend until smooth.
3. Enjoy the chocolate deliciousness!

This is great for breakfast because it feels so bad for you, but it tastes so good.

But this is not the only recipe you will get from me today. I got dinner in the bag for you too. You can thank me later. If you want.



Breaded Turkey Cutlets, Roasted Potatoes, and Salad with "Ranch" dressing
Serves 3

1 pack Turkey Breast Cutlets, boneless and skinless (I used Trader Joes)
2 c. Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (I make my own)
1/2 c. Parmesan, freshly grated
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Organic Herb Seasoning
2 Eggs
1/2 c. fine Sweet Rice flour
1 lb small Potatoes, red, fingerling, dutch, gold
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs Mayo
4 Tbs Greek Yogurt
2 Tbs diced Chives
1/2 tsp Salt
Juice from 1 Lemon
1 head Butter lettuce
Cucumber, Tomato, Red Onion, Radish

1. If the potatoes are small toss them whole with the olive oil and salt, if not then cut into small pieces. Roast in the oven at 420 F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.

2. Slip the cutlets into a large ziploc bag and pound until 1/4 inch thin. Coat the cutlets in flour, then egg, and then breadcrumbs. Set aside.

3. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, yogurt, salt, chives, and lemon juice. Whisk, and set aside.

4. Take a large saute pan and fill the bottom with about an 1/8 inch of olive or canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the cutlets, two at a time. Flip when browned. About 4 -5 minutes, each side.


5. Serve the salad dressed, with the potatoes, and turkey cutlets.

No comments:

Keep the Integrity of the Bean, 2009-present. Unauthorized use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that credit is given to "Keep the Integrity of the Bean" with appropriate direction to the original content.