- This is not a dairy free recipe. Sorry! However this recipe needs citrus juice to react with the sweetened condensed milk, otherwise the filling is too thin and runs out of the English muffin ring.This ends up in the filling burning, the sugar caramelizing, and the pie tasting like carcinogens. Yuck.
- Don't bake the pies too long. Bake only until the filling is set (or doesn't jiggle when shaken), and when a butter knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Don't press too much of the tart crust into the rings, if you do you won't have enough filling.
Strawberry Lemon Tarts
For the crust recipe, refer back to my post on Gluten-free Lime Tarts.
For the strawberry Lemon tart filling:
1/4 C. Strawberry Puree
1/4 C. Lemon Juice
3 Organic Free Range Egg Yolks
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Whip egg yolks until light. Add puree and lemon juice, whip together.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk, and mix until thick.
- Pour into pre-baked tart rings.