One grain that I particularly love is millet. I love to use it as grits, cook it as cereal, bake the flour into bars, biscuits, and breads. It does tend to make things a little bit more crumbly, so if you try substituting it out, make sure to take that into account. One of my favorite recipes is Millet Chocolate Chip Tea Biscuits.
Millet Chocolate Chip Tea Biscuits
Inspired By the Flying Apron
1 3/4 C. Millet Flour
1 C. Tapioca Starch Flour
1 1/2 C. + 1 Tbs Garbanzo Bean Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Salt
1 C. Canola Oil
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Rice Milk
1 C. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine canola oil and sugar in a stand mixer. Add the flour and rice milk alternately.
- Add chocolate chips, mix briefly.
- Chill the dough for three hours.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Scoop out the dough with an ice cream scooper, place on parchment paper covered baking sheet, and slightly flatten.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.