Unfortunately on a limited calorie diet, anything described big, fat, and juicy is pretty much a no-no. But there are ways to fake big and juicy without any of the fat.
A sandwhich typically consists of bread, spread, meat, cheese, and typically some vegetable of some sort.
It slices and toasts beautifully. It took me awhile to get the recipe just right, but now that it is I am happy to share it with you! This bread recipe posted below:
Gluten-free White Sandwhich Bread
1/4 c. Olive Oil
1/4 Agave Nector
1 1/2 c. Buttermilk
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 Tbs Yeast
1/3 c. Tapioca Starch Flour
1/2 c. Potato Starch Flour
1/2 c. Garbanzo Bean Flour
2 c. White Rice Flour
- Your breadmakers manual should tell you whether to put the dry ingredients or wet first. If not, then place wet first, then dry ingredients on top. Sprinkle the yeast on top last.
- Select Gluten free or Sweet Dough setting. Leave the bread in an extra 20 minutes after it has finished baking.
- Pull out and let cool before slicing.
For the rest of your sandwhich, the options are limitless!
- Mayo, Spicy Mustard, Roast Beef, and Swiss
- Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Turkey, Tomato
- Avacado, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato
- Egg salad
- Basil Mayo, Chicken, Provolone