Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crustless Canadian Quiche

Some of you might be following The Gluten-free Homemakers' Gluten-free Wednesdays Monthly challenge, if not I would totally recommend checking it out. Anyhow, the challenge this month was to create and make a quiche. Now I have never made a quiche in my life, nor have I ever eaten one, so when this challenge came out I was really excited to participate.

First, I looked at a lot of recipes for different kinds of quiche. Bacon quiche. Quiche Lorraine. Veggie Quiche. A lot of different kinds of quiche.
Second, I decided to build my own recipe, but adapt it a little bit.
I knew that I wanted to make it crustless to cut down on the calories, and then I decided to make it with mostly egg whites to cut back on the cholesterol.

I am really happy with this recipe, it was a sooo good and only 200 Calories a slice.

Check this and other recipes out at The Gluten Free Homemaker.

Crustless Canadian Quiche

3 egg whites
3 whole eggs
1 C. Skim Fat Ricotta Cheese
1/2 pack of Canadian Bacon (I use Hormel)
1 large Tomato or 2 small
1/2 C. Celery, diced small
4 Tbs Parmesan cheese, optional
Salt
  1. Spray a glass pie plan with non-stick spray.
  2. Beat eggs together. Add ricotta. Mix together.
  3. Add all other ingredients on top of egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until center doesn't wiggle when jiggled.

3 comments:

Aubree Cherie said...

Looks tasty! Is this Canadian Quiche because of the bacon? Or is this style of quiche really common 'up there'? :D

~Aubree Cherie

Unknown said...

It's Canadian because of the bacon. I have NO idea what kind of quiche they eat in canada. :)

Linda said...

Great job on your first quiche! It looks delicious. I've never tried ricotta in quiche, but I have some that needs to be used, so I might try it soon. Thanks for participating in the quiche challenge.

Keep the Integrity of the Bean, 2009-present. Unauthorized use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that credit is given to "Keep the Integrity of the Bean" with appropriate direction to the original content.