Pages

Friday, March 05, 2010

Ouy Vey.

Okay, I promised myself that no matter what, I would post the good recipes and the bad recipes on this site. So here it goes.

Yesterday I was scrolling through some recipes on Foodbuzz and found this delicious sounding recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara. I was thrilled. Eggs, bacon, and pasta?! I'll take two. Seriously, I was craving this recipe. I've always loved spaghetti, fettucini, angel hair, basically any pasta I could twirl on my fork. There was always something about that twirling action that really answered something inside me. Anyhow, I get to work making this recipe. It only took about 30 minutes, and that includes boiling time.

 I make my sauce and pour it into my pan, but I notice it looks a little  . . . runny.

So I turn the heat to low and just let it thicken up a lil bit. Once it's to the right consistency I put the lid on and turn off the stove.

Or so I thought.

After finishing the other components of my lunch, I remove the affore mentioned lid, reach in with my tongs and scoop out my thick Spaghetti Carbonara.

Ha. I wish.

What I really found is that my egg sauce had now scrambled and stuck to the sides of the pan. Moving the pasta only made it look worse. It was lumpy, soft, and slightly resembles chow mein.

Apparently, I had never turned the stove off, and it had continued cooking.

It tasted awful. Lumpy and eggy. Yuck!

Needless to say, I will be waiting awhile before I make this again.

I was even taking pictures to show you all how it went. See?






I don't have any after pictures.




No comments:

Keep the Integrity of the Bean, 2009-present. Unauthorized use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that credit is given to "Keep the Integrity of the Bean" with appropriate direction to the original content.