A soft, decadent dessert from the outside, and a fruit, wholegrain, and antioxidant rich cake on the inside. It's easy enough to make for a weekday dessert and impressive enough to make for a gathering or family get-together!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Makes 2 loaves
4 c. Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour
2/3 c. Dark Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
3 c. Mashed Browned Banana
2 c. Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 c. Canola Oil
1/2 c. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. Be sure to mash the bananas until they are shiny and well mixed.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, when almost completely mixed add the chocolate chips until combined.
5. Pour evenly into two parchment lined bread pans.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in both centers comes out clean.
7. Let cool. Slice and serve with either a schmear of butter or a swirl of whip cream.