|The Tell-tale heart. JK.|
Good morning cyber-land!
I know it has been forever since I've given you all a recipe, but don't worry I'll make up for it in the next coming weeks. I have been cooking up a storm. Just not posting up a storm.
I don't know about you, but I am always trying to put more vegetables in my diet. Especially bright, colorful super food vegetables.
This dish is a great source of vitamins and minerals. Banana squash is high in beta-carotene, Vitamin C, manganese, and potassium. The nutritional yeast is chockful of the B vitamins. Grape seed oil is a natural anti-inflammatory, is high in essential fatty acids, low in saturated fat, cholesterol free, and is high in phenols which protect our cells against free radicals. Muy Buono if you ask me!
"Cheezy" Banana Squash Fries
1 lb French Fry cut Banana Squash
2 Tbs Grape seed Oil
3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Toss the fries with the oil, salt, and yeast. Spread out in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Flip, bake for 15 more minutes.
5. Flip again, bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven when golden brown and partially dried out.
|Soooo good. And good for you!|