Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gluten-free, Corn-free, Soy-free, Dairy-free, Chocolate Chip Blondies

Hey everyone! Now that things are settling down in my crazy, insane life; I promise that we will return to our normal posting program. You are also probably going to notice a few changes that will be made around here. Have you noticed the new background? How about the new recipes page? A lot of new things going on, so keep coming back to check it out!

I wanted to share two things with you guys today.

First, through some of your comments I realized that not everybody has a breadmaker to bake their bread in. I personally think if you are going to go gluten-free this is definitely an amazing time saver, but to each their own.  A loaf of bread I only ever bake in the oven is Vegan sandwich Bread from Ali over The Whole Lie Nutrition. It comes out wonderfully, and tastes amazing spread with pesto.

Second, nobody in my family is allergic to egg so only every now and then do I make something intentionally egg-free or vegan. having said this, I recently fell in love with Cybele Pascal's The Allergen-free Bakers Handbook. All of her recipes are egg-free, however I do not use egg replacer because most all of them contain corn which my family is allergic to. So I adapted a recipe out of this book to contain egg as well as making it so I can flip-flop flours as neccesary. To make this recipe egg free just replace the 2 eggs with 2 eggs worth of prepared egg replacer.



Gluten-free, Soy-free, Corn-free, Dairy-free Chocolate chip Blondie Bars
As adapted from Cybele Pascal's The Allergen-free Bakers Handbook

1 1/2 C. + 1 Tbs Sorghum Flour
1 C. + 1 Tbs Tapioca Flour
1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 tsp Corn-free Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 C. Spectrum Organic Shortening
3/4 C. Sugar
1/4 plus 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 tsps Vanilla Extract
2 eggs
1/4 C. plus 1 tsp Rice Milk
1/2 C. Ener-G Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 in square baking pan

2. Whisk together flours, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum.

3. In another bowl whisk until fluffy the shortening and sugar.

4. Add the vanilla and eggs.

5. Add the flour and rice milk alternately, mixing in between.

6. Add chocolate chips.

7. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Mine bakes in exactly 35 minutes.

Hope you like!

Check this and other recipes out at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free

5 comments:

Linda said...

They look good, and I love using sorghum flour!

Anonymous said...

The blog looks very pretty and organized. I've got to do separate pages with recipes and favorites. It tidies up the look of the blog. The blondies look pretty tasty, too. Haven't tried any of her recipes yet.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I was so excited when Blogger opened up the ability to add extra tabs. They give you so much freedom when deciding what to add to your page.

Amy @ Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free said...

I love sorghum, too - the texture is so tender. I know Cybele uses a brown rice mix - I do like brown rice but only in certain combos. It's often too gritty and the superfine brown rice is so expensive. One of my favorite tricks with brown rice is to throw it in my coffee grinder (a clean one, of course!)

Thanks for linking up this fab recipe. Hugs!

Discount Medifast said...

You have some great ideas, these are wonderful and very helpful, thanks so much for sharing.

Keep the Integrity of the Bean, 2009-present. Unauthorized use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that credit is given to "Keep the Integrity of the Bean" with appropriate direction to the original content.